Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

profit %

Vidas,

Why do I get this in all of my profit % calcs? How do I troubleshoot?

Comments

• Jwenga,

1. Make sure you have same issue if Report CUrrency is set to "*Original" - if issue dissapears, then you have problems with currency conversion. Either symbol/account has incorrect currency or you do not have currency exchange information.
    2. Then I would check if quotes are available. To investigate that - please pick one symbol that has Profit % as -10, then open c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData\Quotes.csv in notepad and search for that symbol.

• Same issue no matter the currency selected.
    Ive looked at the quotes file, they all seem to be there for 2017 and part of 2016. I also looked at the archive and it only seems to go back to 2016 when my start date in psconfig is 2013. Is this an error? Shouldn't it go back further?

Any more suggestions?
  • Also, all of my currency is USD
  • So it appears that the issue is with your quotes. Please read more how quotes are stored localy: http://portfolioslicer.com/scripts/quotes-data.html
    It appears that you are missing quotes for 2013-2015 and maybe part of 2016. To get these quotes delete (backup first) one symbols quote files, including _Archive file and re-run extract. If you confirm that you got updated quotes, then do the same for other quotes. There could be an issue, as recently (last month) google started to limit historical quotes to one year, so you cannot use Google as quote source!
  • appears to be fixed, I had to delete all quotes and refresh. Thanks