Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've broken something.....?

2»

Comments

• As you are using Excel 2010, you can check what data is in PowerPivot.
    Go to PowerPivot window, do refresh all, then check data in Symbol tables. Do symbols have new Allocation? Check allocation table - are there updated records? Then check transactions.
    Then if in PowerPivot all looks good, refresh Excel. You should see in Excel same data as in PowerPivot.
  • Also, when looking at holding report - remove all slicer filters to see all data!
  • Hi Vidas,

Been looking at this over the weekend. I found a few data errors which I fixed. Doing a refresh seems to give me the correct totals now (although it's reporting a lot more cash than I have?).

Still got an error I can't figure out. When Powerpivot first starts up it reports an error that it can't update the allocation table. 'Linked tables might not be updated because of conflicts or duplicate values in column'.

Not sure what is causing this?
  • Chris,

Can you send me updated Exel workbook and zipped files in PSData folder?
  • In Excel workbook in Allocation table last row (row 36) has empty record. Select both cells, right mouse click, delete, table rows and you should be able to refresh.
  • ok thanks Vidas, will try that!