Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dashboard Total Doesn't Match Holdings Total

Hello, I know I have checked this in the past and it has been fine but it appears over the last week or so the total on the dashboard doesn't match the total in holdings. I've double checked the Slicer filters to make sure nothing is filtered and have the currency set to CAD on both tabs. Going through the data thoroughly all of my 14 account totals match on both tabs except for 1 account. For the account in question the cash total matches on both tabs but the equity totals do not match.

Since the Holdings tab details out each stock/MF, it appears as if this total is correct when I multiply quantity held * symbol price. However, when I look at the account total on the Dashboard tab it is $703 short of what I think it should be. This is true even when I filter the dashboard tab for the single account in question.

Any suggestions on what I should look for to determine why this is not showing the correct amount on the dashboard tab?

Thank you.

Comments

• I cannot think of anything else you should check. Is it possible for you to send me your workbook? If so, specify Excel version and account that has issues - I can investigate. My email is posted here:
    http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html
  • Hi,

Thanks for sending me your workbook.
    By default Holdings report has a filter on SYmbol: "Total Value" is greater than 0. Assumption is that you cannot have holdings with negative value. When I remove that filter (filter symbol next to Symbol column header->"Value Filters"->"Clear Filter"), there is one more holding in your account with total value as -703$ - that is negative value and that is the difference between Dashboard report and Holdings report.
    The reason why you have negative amount for this symbol - because you have negative quantity of -54 because your last sell transaction was for quantity that is more than held quantity - you can see that in srcTrans.
    So just fix that sell transaction and all should be good!
    Tip - after removing "Value Filter" and seeing that symbol, press CTRL+Z to roll back changes and add back same filter.

HTH
  • Thank you Vidas. I didn't think of that...and will remember for the next time to debug my problem.