Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Including realized gains

Is there a way to include realised gains in the Monthly gains report (on the Monthly tab)?

Comments

• You can add "Sales Capital Gain" to any report and this will show you realized capital gain for any period. For Monthly report you will need to remove one of the existing fields - for example "Exch Impact" and then add "Sales Capital Gain", otherwise that measure will be hidden under "Mthly Cap Gain/Loss" chart.
  • Hi, I am not sure how to add "Sales Capital Gain" to the "Capital Gain" table on the Monthly tab as this table only contains numbers, not formulas. In any case I found the solution. The default display excludes the stocks which have been sold, but in order to include those as well I just had to select "clear filter from symbol". The value filter only includes quantities 1 or greater, once I removed that the sold stocks are included.
  • Andrian,

I misunderstood your question. I assume that you wanted to add "Sales Capital Gain" to top report in Mthly tab, so my answer was for that. But I am glad you figured out that there were Excel filters that you can change.