Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guide to understanding the data

Hi
I have been using PS for a week now so I am still in the data entry phase. I do love it so far and you have done a commendable job.
I have a silly question though. Do you have a guide that explains how to interpret the data? I found the guides that explain how to enter the data. e.g. What does the red X mean beside 0.61%
or what do the various gradients of blue, green, gray, red, yellow exclamation point mean here?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Hi,

That is a good question. For all formating with "Icons" I used standard Excel "Conditional Formatting". I put formatting rules that made sense to me, but I expected that any user can adjust them to their expectations.
    Select a cell with an icon and then from "Home" menu choose "Conditional Formatting" and then "Manage Rules...".

From that screen you can select rule that is based on "Icon Set" and click on "Edit Rule..." button. There you will see rules that applies to that icon set.

For example, for dividends default rule is:
    If Devidend % > 0.03, then green icon, else if it is above 0.015, then yellow, else red.

So you can changes these rules very easily to fit your requirements.

HTH,
  • Thank you for your response. I get that you have used the tools Excel has to offer and left it up to the user to keep the default or modify per their needs. I spent the weekend and entered all the data and even uploaded data to Power BI. The collaboration looks amazing!
    This fits my needs amazingly well where I have multiple accounts across multiple brokerages, and I can use one tool to collaborate all holdings and all data and see one portfolio (or individual portfolios). This will help me keep them actively balanced as well.
    Thank you! :)