Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incorrect Calculation of Stock Price

I have an account that is in USD, with stocks purchased in USD. Originally I entered an exchange rate of 1.3.

Now, in the Holdings tab, for the same account, the Cost Basis per Unit, does not match the value entered in the srcTrans tab? Should I enter an exchange rate in the srcTrans tab, if I will be viewing results in USD.

I tried changing the exchange rate in srcTrans back to 1.0, but the Cost Basis per Unit, is still not showing up correctly. In fact it did not change, even after refreshing the spreadsheet.

Comments

• Hi,

First, make sure that in the holdings tab "Report Currency" is set to USD and that no other slicers are selected! Did you have same symbol in another account, and if so, then filter holdings just to one account and check cost basis.
    If that does not work, could you please send me your workbook. Please specify Excel version and what symbol is not showing right value and I'll investigate. My email is posted on this page: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html
  • Thank you Vidas. I will try your suggestions and let you know what I found.
  • Email Sent.
  • Thanks, I got your spreadsheet.
    So there are couple issues that I see that needs to be addressed first. After these issues addressed, if the problem is still there, then you will need to re-send me updated Excel workbook.
    1. You already have transaction data for 2018-02-09, but you have not refreshed external data files to include today's date. I can see that because in PowerPivot model latest date is 2018-02-08. So you need to run external data management scripts .bat file, get latest data (that includes today's Date) and then refresh Excel workbook.
    2. For both symbols you have a problem you have "Buy" qty less than "Sell" qty. But you cannot sell what you do not have!

At this point, I do not see other problems. So do these 2 fixes above and if the issue is still there, then send me again workbook and I'll investigate then.

Not related note: you are a very brave person, for the last week I was afraid to refresh my PortfolioSlicer workbook - the markets are not doing very well lately :(.
  • edited February 2018
    I tried 1 and 2 above, the issues had been resolved, after a few refreshes. Thanks.
  • Senf me updated workbook, I will investigate. Are you getting any error messages during refresh? Also send me files from psdata folder.