Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error on Refresh

Hi Vidas
I am getting a very strange error today and I am not sure how to fix it.

I hope you have seen this before.
I have unsuccessfully tried:
1) Disk clean up of all temporary files
2) Restarting machine
3) Clearing PSData folder and re-running batch file

Please help.

Thanks,

Comments

• As a follow-up, I deleted the old excel file, cleared temporary files, emptied the PSData folder and re-downloaded the files from PortfolioSlicer and I am still getting the same error.
  • Could you please check that data in c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData\currencyConv.csv is TAB separated and not comma. Could you please make sure that the folder is c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData\ as this is default folder where excel expects data. That is make sure that in your psConfig.txt you did not override PSData folder location.
    After this, do you still have issues?
  • Yes, I checked all those things and I am still having issues. Here's a few screenshots:

• Can you send me your Excel file and all files from PSData folder. I'll check that. Let me know what is the version of your Excel too. My email is posted on this page: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html
  • Thanks, Vidas. I sent you the files.
  • Your files are OK - refresh without problems on my PC. So issue is related to your environment.
    More info can be found by googling your error message:
    requested operation cant be performed on file with user-mapped section open
    My suggestion would be:
    1. Restart machine. Does refresh works first time after restarting? Second time?
    2. Go to folder %temp% and delete all files/folders that have Vertipaq in the folder name.
    3. Are you running multiple versions of Excel? Maybe that is the issue.

Let me know if after these changes you still have an issue. In such case let me know if you have anything different than usual on your computer, like - do you run Visual Studio, etc.
  • Hi Vidas,
    The problem exists even upon a refresh. I did look up the error online before posting on the forum. Most of the situations online involve dll files, but not temp files.
    Typical suggestions online were to reboot the computer, empty the temp directory, or close and restart the application. I tried all but nothing worked.
    I only have one version of Excel, Excel 2016.
    I don't run Visual Studio.

I created a Virtual Machine using VMWare and installed Windows 10 and Office 2016 and ran PS in it. I found no errors. I think it could be my host computer's anti-virus or some office update that was pushed through by my company's IT department.

For the meantime, I will run PS virtually in my VMWare.

Thanks for your help.