Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yahoo quotes update issue (ENGI.PA)

Hi,
I get an incorrect price update from Yahoo on the ENGI.PA stock about 1 out of 3 times... it's quite strange, cause today the Euronext Paris was closed and the prices I got was 13.555 (correct one), or 13.29 (incorrect one)... I had a look on the yahoo finance page for this stock and the incorrect price is not even in the daily (29 of march) price range that was 13.45 - 13.69. I can't guess where the incorrect price come from.
Did anyone else had such behavior updating their quotes from Yahoo Finance?

Comments

• I see the problem - web page shows correct values, but download data link shows incorrect values. I would suggest to try another source - maybe stooq will have better data, but I am not sure if they even have that symbol?
  • Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately Stooq doesn't seem to provide quotes for Euronext :-(
  • I did check a bit further, in fact when I display the Yahoo finance page with the source code, and check the "react-text 36" zone, I sometime get the wrong price. It comes from the fact that Yahoo refresh the price after the opening (half a second or so), it's almost invisible, but the wrong price display before being replaced by the last known one. As the price refresh, the source does not and the wrong price remain the same. The error may then occur with other quotes. The case can easily be reproduced, just let the Yahoo page open, the price will change, then check the source, and you see that the price remain the same as the one you had when opening the page.