Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Portfolio Slicer Error Message - multiple values where single value is expected?

In a very recent refresh, I've gotten an error message that there is a "calculation error in measure 'Report'[Equity Value]: A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected.

I have had also recently an error running the scripts where it will load multiple quotes for a single date and can't figure out why that is happening. I don't know if these are related, but would appreciate any guidance you could offer. Thanks all!

Comments

• Hi,

I am assuming you have error.txt file in PSData folder where you will see messages that you have symbols with more than one quote for the same date. In such case you will need to edit files in Quotes subfolder and remove duplicate records.
    Lets say error says that symbol CCL has duplicates. You can:
    1. Open file Quotes\_CCL_.txt in notepad, find records for dates with duplicates and manually delete these records.
    2. Copy files _CCL_.txt and _CCL__Archive.txt out of Quotes subfolder and re-run extract. Re-extracted data will not have duplicates.

After above, you can try refreshing your Excel workbook.
  • Thanks! This seemed to clear it up.
  • This is popping back up again. It seems to be an issue in the Quotes.csv file. All of the notepad files for my quotes do not have duplicate quotes for the date that is referenced in the error log but for some reason a duplicate is being added to the Quotes.csv file. (If for instance, the Quotes.csv file groups everything by symbol, at the very tail end of the file there is a duplicate quote for every symbol for the date 5/4/18). Thoughts?
  • At the very end of the file there scripts add intraday quotes. Could you please download latest scripts, run them and try to refersh Excel again. Do you get error messages after that?