Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Automatically Generated Dividend Amounts

Hi Vidas. The Automatically Generated Dividend Amounts seems not to work correct. In the column "Gen Div Amnt Per Share" the values differ from the values in "dividends.csv". For example, in "dividends.csv" the entry "2017-03-30 3,25 DAI" is correct (produced by script "GetDividends-Yahoo"), but the column "Gen Div Amnt Per Share" in PortfolioSlicer shows the value "0,142361111111111" . The values in column "Qty For Gen Div" are correct.
I use Excel 2016 an PortfolioSlicer v2.4.03. Any idea?

Comments

• Hi, could you please confirm that currency of account and currency of symbol are correct. If so, could you please send me your workbook? My email is posted on this page: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html
    For privacy, you can delete all other symbol data - I need to look just at this one symbol. But make sure that you still have same problem with the workbook you will send me.
  • Answering here your other questions:

1. Is it possible to use more than 3 currencies? I also need HKD because Yahoo Finance delivers dividends of chinese my stocks only in HKD.
    A: In PowerBI Desktop Portfolio Slicer supports up to 5 currencies, but in Excel just 3 currencies.

2. To fix the dividends recieved from yahoo by script, can I just correct them into the dividends-Textfiles (under PortfolioSlicer\Dividends) without any side affect? Or which way do you recommend to correct the dividend values Yahoo Finance delivers?
    A: Yes, you can correct them in the files under DIvidends folder. Scripts will check last dividend date in the file and request new dividends just after latest date in the file, so updated values will stay.

3. Does portfolio Slicer have a problem with more than 1000 manual transactions in srcTrans?
    A: I always test with about 5000 transactions without problems. I have 64bit machine and 64bit Excel. You might have problems just if you have 32bit Excel.

• Thanks for send me files. You are right that dividend per share amount in Dividends.csv and in Portfolio Slicer do not match. I am assuming you did Data->"refresh all", right?
    Could you please go to "Data"->Connections->choose "Dividends" and hit "Refresh". Is your reports in DivGen tab still have same problem?
  • Thanks for your answers. Yes, I did Data->"refresh all". As recommended I did "Data"->Connections->choose "Dividends" and hit "Refresh", but my reports in DivGen tab still have the same problem.
  • Hi cg1, I tried to reproduce this issue on my PC, but as soon as I do refresh - I see updated correct numbers. I suspect this is something to do with regional settings, so I need to do more tests.
    Could you please send me:
    - your psConfig.txt
    - all files from c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData folder. Do not edit them in Excel, just send them as is.
    - go to control pancel, "Region", then "Additional settings..." and send me screenshot for Numbers, currency and date tab values.

I will setup PC with these settings and I'll try to reproduce this error.
  • I don't want to upset the current discussion happening, but I'd like to add a few comments towards a post made earlier by cg1:

1. My current PS file has over 17,000 entries (spreadsheet rows within the "srcTrans" tab).
    2. I'm running 64 bit Excel and a pretty good PC running only in "Quiet mode". Refresh times are getting slower, but who is counting? (see #3 before judging)
    3. My current PS file has errors, which I'm slowly fixing .... thanks to the new "conditional formatting" updates within v2.4.03. Corrections are a little painful - but it's going to feel so good when I'm done (Lesson: Take your time during initial data entry).
    4. I'm currently reading a book that talks about when "PowerPivot" was first introduced to the world. In the introduction, it mentions the PowerPivot side of an Excel Workbook is (theoretically?) capable of building a data table that has 100 million rows of data... and that was back in 2009!
    5. Bottom line: I know this (PortfolioSlicer) is the Personal Record Keeping software Space I want to be in ... well, forever.
    6. cg1: This package will do what you want it to do. But there may be a few bumps in the road getting there.
    7. We are in good hands.

Just Saying.
    buddyb