Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CurrencyConv Does Not Recognize Decimal Point AND Total Value Output Has Too Many Zeros

Hi all,

I am trying to setup the Excel worksheet, but the output coming out is complety off for some of the columns.

The Cost Basis column is fine, but Total Value, Capital Gains and Profit for example are all multiplied by a factor of around 1 million for EUR transactions and around 1 billion for USD transactions. (See snapshot below).

I think I have found the source of the error for the USD transactions: the CurrencyConv table in the Excel Data Model is not recognising the decimal point and thus the exchange rate EUR USD is 13758 instead of 1.3758. (See snapshot below).

How can I correct this on the CurrencyConv table?

Can you please help me correct the rest for the EUR transactions?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Best Regards,
Francisco Leitao

Comments

• Hi Francisco,

It appears that your regional settings (Control Pannel->Region->Addtional settings" is set so that:
    Decimal symbol: "," (comma)
    Digit grouping symbol: "." (dot)

If that this the case, and Excel is configured to use these settings, then in psConfig.txt you should change

What is your setting and does changing this setting helps?
  • Hi Vidas,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried it and now the figures are looking good for Quotes that don't have a "." (dot) on the symbol, for example: IWRD.AS.

Is there a way to correct this?

In the Quotes CSV file it appears as IWRD,AS (comma) and the workbook does not recognize it!

Thanks again for your help!

Best Regards,
    Francisco Leitao
  • Francisco,

Latest scripts (released over the weekend) should not have this problem. Are you using latest scripts?
  • Hi Vidas,

The latest scripts solved the problem!

Thanks!