Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Excel 2013 Refreshing takes forever

When I click on refresh all, it keeps showing reading data....for more then 30 mins then I gave up. Is the problem with my computer ? because if i refresh one connection at a time it words better on small sized connection

Comments

• Refresh should be few min, not 30min. I work with 5000+ transactions and it is a few min refresh.
    If it takes longer, can you please send me your workbook and PSData folder files - I'll test refresh on my PC.
  • edited July 2018
    Thank you Vidas, will send you right away from ....
  • edited July 2018
    Hi Rony,

I refreshed workbook you send me and it took under 2min, but there were 2 errors - I click OK on them and continued refresh.
    In 99% of cases when Excel 2013 is very slow in refreshing PS was due to old version of Excel. You must have version 15.0.5045.*
    So please make sure that you have all service packs and then updates on your Excel 2013.

Regarding the error during the refresh - to fix this:
    1. Add symbols GOOG, ^GSPC and ^GSPTSE or remove them from Quotes. You have quotes for these symbols, but no Symbols defined in the table.
    2. Add quotes for Symbol VT. First quote date should be ON (or sometimes before, but not before MinDate) your first purchase, that is 2012-12-31. You do not have quotes for this symbol.
    3. For other symbols, that you purchase on 2012-12-31, your first quote is for 2013-01. So please edit quote file for each symbol and manually add quote for 2012-12-31, you can use same price as 2013-01-* quote.
    4. Consider removing currency CAD if you are not planning to use it. Excel PS supports just 3 currencies.

After these changes I am sure that Excel 2013 refresh will be fast.