Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

v 2.4 wrong capital gain and profit numbers

Hello,

I've just tried to update to v 2.4 (excel 2010) from 2.3 for the new features :)

However after copy all my data, the reports show me wrong profit and capital gain numbers. Basically it shows the size of my whole portfolio as capital gain.

For example on the 'overview' tab at the bottom I can see my correct capital gain number (according to v 2.3) as unrealized cap gain, however in the profit and capital gain row the sums are exactly the same as the size of my portfolio. I hope this makes sense :)

Thanks in advance if any of you can help me sort this out.

Cheers

Comments

• When portfolio total value is equal to Capital Gains value - that usually means that quotes cannot be found, so initial amount is 0 or now your holding are worth x, so that means x is a capital gain. So please make sure that Symbol names match Symbol table values and Quotes.csv values and you have quotes for symbols from the VERY FIRST DAY WHEN SYMBOL WAS USED IN ANY TRANSACTION.
    Another possibility is that your psConfig.txt MinDate parameter is set not correct - please check that.
  • edited July 2018
    Thank you. I will look into that.

It is weird, since I copy-pasted the data (src, srcSymbol, srcTrans and psconfig.txt) from v2.3, which works fine. So those what you have mentioned should not be a problem. Or am I missing sth?

Will get back to you as soon as I find the solution.

Thanks for your help. :)