Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only cash values visible in reports

edited August 2018 in Excel Workbook
I'm new to Portfolio Slicer. It seems like a great tool.
I could not believe, there is no web application with similar functionality but Excel, although slow, should do just fine.
I started with a setup following intro video instructions (currencies, portfolios, equity symbols form few sources like Yahoo, Google, Stooq etc). Scripts seems to work almost fine, I could not find a way to get the data for severa mutual funds, even though they do exist on stooq.
And then I entered almost all of my trades from one trading account + manual dividend data as a transactions. It's around 200 transactions within last 12 months.
Problem that I face is that in most of the summary reports there is no data for equity holdings. There are, more than less, proper values of cash positions, but equity does not show up at all. Null, not even a 0.

Honestly I got stuck and I have no idea where to look for en error.

I would love to make it work since your tools seems to be the best of breed so far, assuming I can get it to rok.

Minor question, is there a way to use it with more than 3 currencies?

Comments

• It appears that your issue is with Quotes. Work with one symbol at the time and first look at all reports using "* Original" currency. Confirm that Transactions is using Symbol that exists in Symbol table. Then go to PSData folder, open Quotes.csv file and check that you have quotes for that symbol. You should see quotes at least from the first day you bought symbol up to today.

At this point in Excel there is support just for 3 currencies, but PowerBI reports support up to 5 currencies.