Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(New User) Question regarding grouping

I just discovered Portfolio Slicer and am really overwhelmed, I've worked in Excel for years but certainly nothing to this caliber. I'd like to know how I might begin to use the spreadsheet to track distinct holdings within my portfolio grouped in such a way as "Mutual Funds", "ETFs", "Stocks", "Dividend Stocks" so that I can display them all or by group. Can anyone offer some help or point me directly to some documentation that might?

Thanks

Comments

• On the Symbol table there are columns SymbolGroup1, SymbolGroup2 and SymbolGroup3 that would allow you to group symbols/holdings any way you want. After setting up values you would simply use these columns in the reports as slicer or as filter or as column/row values.
  • I did see those and they were what I was thinking they might be used for. Now I see what you mean. I hadn't yet found or realized the pivot table fields area was where I could select that. Thanks so much!
  • Usually I recommend do not change existing reports at first, but copy them to another worksheet and adjust to your needs. After you copied pivot table (include all cells, including (!) filters), right mouse click, then select "Show Field List". When you see field list on the right already, then find table Symbol and drop SymbolGroup1 field into Rows area - report will be split by SymbolGroup1.