Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Implement PortfolioSlicer for Forex trading and risk management

Hi!

I have tried to find any topics about implementing PortfolioSlicer for Forex trading, but couldn't find any. For someone who is entirely devoting his time to the Forex market and Forex analysis and trading, is it possible to use PortfolioSlicer for Forex market, analyzing current open trades of the various currency pairs for risk management, money management and trading psychology, or is it a tool only used for anything else but Forex? I am currently using MetaTrader 4 broker, so importing real-time data into Excel wouldn't be any problem.

Thanks!

Regards,
Sabahudin

Comments

• Hi,

To be honest I do not know answer to this. Portfolio Slicer was created to calculate your investment value at any point in time. With this functionality I was able to produce many helpful reports. But I have no idea how/if this would work with forex trading, primary because I do not know what parameters would you be tracking and trying to assess.
    So my first answer would be no, Portfolio Slicer will not work with forex trading. But if you know Excel and willing to learn a bit of PowerPivot DAX, then you can try using Portfolio Slicer and see if you can get what you want.