Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Compatibility with Excel 2019?

I assume PS will run on Excel 2019? If yes, just use the Excel 2016 version of files?

Comments

• There is no PS release for Excel 2019. Please use Excel 2016 version and it should work without any issues.
  • Per the Microsoft site, PowerPivot only comes with the Pro Plus version of Office/Excel 2016. So everyone using PS on Excel 2016 is doing so on a corporate license? Regardless, I have not found any reputable places to purchase a copy of 2016 in any version.
    PS is crippled on my 32-bit Excel 2010. I was prepared to upgrade, but it doesn't sound like that's feasible?
  • With Excel 2016 PowerPivot Engine is included in all versions of Excel, but to develop PowerPivot apps you need "better" version of Excel. But on any Excel version, you can use PortfolioSlicer - as you are just a user. But you will not be able to add your own calculations.
    I believe with Excel 2019 it is the same rules.
  • I use the Office 365 subscription product. A few months ago Microsoft opened up full Power Pivot capability in it, perhaps due to a large number of uncomplimentary comments.