Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Profit % value not reporting correctly

I have a stock which has produced positive results with an annualized return of 21.9% and positive cap gains. The problem I'm seeing is the Profit % value is -100% which is skewing the overall portfolio value. The other 15-16 symbols I have seem to be reporting correctly with the exception of this specific one with the problem.
Previously, I had recreated the workbook and reentered the buy and split data but those solutions didn't work. Fyi, I have not sold. I'm wondering if anyone would have an idea why this is occurring or have experienced a similar problem?

Comments

• When you see Profit % value as -100%, that usually means that at some point you had no Quotes for that symbol. Please carefully review Quotes.csv file for that symbol and find gaps without quotes. You should have a quote for a symbol at least every 35 days, so once a month. After you find a missing quotes, just go to Quotes\_Symbol__Archive.txt file and add quotes.
  • I have checked the csv file and see quotes since 2012 up to 2020. The txt file also looks complete. Would you have any other ideas?
  • Hi,
    In Excel Mthly-Symbol worksheet select Symbol that is causing problem for you and then select Account. Then you can select year, or just remove filter from Year slicer and see all years. Check Profit value for each month in the report - you should see month when Profit is unreasonable. Maybe you did not have quote on the day you bought your Symbol first time. See if there is anything suspicious in that report.