Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Migration from V2.3 to V2.4 - Error in data refresh

I have recently tried to migrate from V2.3 to V2.4. My ultimate objective is to use Power BI version 2.4. I started with the Excel version and hit a problem after I have copied over my data from 2.3 to 2.4. After checking and starting from scratch a few times, I am still consistently getting this error from Excel -

Cannot create a relationship from the 'Trans' table to the 'Symbol' table because the 'Symbol' column in the 'Symbol' table has duplicate values.

I have checked the srcSymbol tab more than 10 times, picked up a few typos but otherwise cannot find any duplicate values. The only new thing I tried to do in this migration is adding sectors in the Symbol table but that shouldn't be causing this problem, I don't think. Any help will be much appreciated.

I attached a screenshot of the error here as well.

As a suggestion - is it possible to keep the data separately in a separate Excel file in future versions to ease migration?

Best Regards,

Comments

• - Check for empty rows at the end of symbol table.
    - do not copy * cash record from old workbook
    - check data types for example mer should not have letters. Data types mismatch most likely issue for your error.

In the next version source data will be in separate workbook, this is confirmed.
  • Thanks, as usual, Vidas. :)

Not copying the * Cash lines solved my problem! Hurrah!! I am a happy guy again.
    Now trying to use PowerBI and see if it works better than the Excel version. I am also trying to fully exploit this piece of work to have it serve my purpose better

Good that you will be keeping data in a separate workbook. I think it will definitely help migration. Thanks for your good work.

Best Regards,
    KLZ