Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scripts - Windows 11 testing

Scripts under Windows 10 were working great for both version 2 and 3 of your program. Testing for Windows 11 shows that the scripts no longer work. Internet explorer has been deleted from Windows 11 in favour of Microsoft Edge (chrome based). The scripts to launch the websites no longer work, specifically the invoke-webrequest. Hoping there is a simple fix.

Comments

• I contacted original script developer to see if he can make script work on Windows 11. I'll post here when I'll have a solution.
  • I believe I got the scripts working. Had to replace .\scripts ... with the full path c:\portfolioslicer\psdataextract\scripts ... and then it worked again.
  • I have the same problem. Scripts do not work on Win11 due to the absence of Internet Explorer. Please solve it.
    I use PortfolioSlicer 3.0 and it's great. Actually, it was great on Win10.
    Thanks
  • JordanT,

These script were created by Maxim that is now not available. At this point I am not sure when I will release fix for Win11.
  • Any updates on Win11? My new laptop came with Win11 and now PS is broken :(
    Can we do donations or a gofundme or something to hire a developer if needed?
  • I upgraded existing Windows 10 to Windows 11 and PortfolioSlicer works without problem.
    If you got Win11 on new laptop, could you please try enabling Internet Explorer capabilities in Edge browser and see if that helps.

https://windowsreport.com/internet-explorer-windows-11/

Please post here if that still does not work.
    If does not work, please post here what happens/error message when you execute scripts.
  • I will try when I get back home after Feb 20
  • Sorry for the delay. I finally got around to testing this and it works fine. So everything is good with Win11.

Thanks for all you do!
  • I upgraded my development PC to Windows 11 and PortfolioSlicer works without any problems.