Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changing Account name breaks the model.

When refreshing the Account table I get the error...
Cannot create relationship from the 'Trans' table to the Account' table because the 'Account' column in the 'Account' table has duplicates.

The model was working great until I decided to rename my Accounts on the src tab.
Any thoughts on how I can troubleshoot this one?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

Account table is related just to one table - Transactions. So if you renamed any record in Account table, you must do renames in Transactions table and then all should be good. Another possible option for this error - you have either duplicate Account name in Account table or you have empty row in Account table.
  • Thanks for the quick response! Awesome tool you've created. Thanks!
    I definitely updated the name in both the Account and Trans table but it seems copy/pasting has issues. If I do a Find/Replace All it works!

After updating all my Accounts to their corresponding account numbers I ran into another issue. Did you know if all the Account names are made up of numbers "Circular dependency was detected" error? It's wierd. I didn't get the error until changing the last Account name. No biggy, I prefefixed every account name with a letter representing the brokerage and the circular reference went away... just thought I'd pass that along.

Thanks again!
    Jeremy