Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intraday for stocks not showing on Daily

I've recently changed computers and after re-installing the scripts have found that alot of my intraday capital gains are not showing. I've included a picture to illustrate. The also only show up if I've made a transaction during the intraday.

P.S. My yahoo intraday script is now fixed with: data-reactid=`"29`"

Comments

• During the day please check file YahooIntraday.txt in the folder QuotesIntraDay - please check if that file contains your intraday quotes.
  • The intraday quotes look like this:
    2021-12-30,,^GSPTSE
    2021-12-30,,^GSPC
    2021-12-30,,^DJI
    2021-12-30,,^RUT
    2021-12-30,,^VIX
    2021-12-30,,^IXIC
    2021-12-30,,^TNX
    2021-12-30,,GC=F
    2021-12-30,,CL=F
  • Intraday Quotes look not OK - there are no price values.
    If you are from USA, could you edit script and instead 29 use 47, that is:

data-reactid=`"47'"
  • When inputting:
    $startStr = "active=`"`" data-reactid=`"47`">"; $endStr = "";
    All my quotes failed when launching the .bat file.

When inputting:
    $startStr = "active=`"`" data-reactid=`"29`">"; $endStr = "";
    All my quotes succeed on the .bat but the prices seem to be blank on the YahooIntraday.txt as well as the GetQuotes-YahooIntraday.txt

I don't know if this is of interest but today the GetQuotes-YahooIntraday.txt (Jan 3rd) the shows:
    "Symbol: ^GSPTSE. Next date: 2022-01-01." which I found odd.

I am from Canada.
  • When posting special characters on website, they are sometimes treated like "commands" and you do not see them. So here is how your string should look like:

Please fix it and then tomorrow, during the business day, please check if intraday file contain quotes.
  • My quotesintraday folder is empty. There is no getquotes-yahoointraday.txt in it.
    What and, where in, should I add the text in your image file Vidas?

I assume it is one of these two lines in the GetQuotes-YahooIntraday windows power shell script file.

$startStr = ""; $endStr = "";

$startStr = "D(ib)`" data-reactid=`"32`">"; $endStr = ""; ## <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I edited the first line.

$startStr = "active=`"`"data-reactid=`"29`">"; $endStr = ""; ## <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This will need to be changed every time Yahoo changes where price is located

Ran both batch files and there is still nothing in yahooquotesIntraDay

I'm in Canada.

also checking the getQuotesYahoo file I see this for every quote.

Symbol: ABX.TO. Next date: 2022-01-12. Quote file: C:\Users\canopus\OneDrive\PortfolioSlicer\Quotes\_ABX.TO_.txt
    Requesting url: https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/download/ABX.TO?period1=1641945600&period2=1641989470&interval=1d&events=history&crumb=3s462G8C5Nd
    ABX.TO - Not Found (web err)

• That worked beautifully Vidas! Thank you!!!
  • emptyquarter - you need to edit second assignment line, not the first.
  • All fixed. I need better glasses. This program is so good.

Thank you very much Vidas and PRoldie and Buddyb!!
  • I'm not getting Intrday quotes again.

Requesting url: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ABX.TO
    ** For Symbol: ABX.TO new quotes not found (there is no 'active="" data-reactid="29">' in html that came back)
  • SAme here since this morning
    For Symbol: NOU.V new quotes not found (there is no 'active="" data-reactid="29">' in html that came back)
  • It apears new settings for $startStr and $EndStr should be:
    $startStr = "data-field=`"regularMarketPrice`" data-trend=`"none`" data-pricehint=`"2`" value=`""; $endStr = "`"";

• edited January 2022
    on what line to be replace ?
  • GetQuotes-YahooIntraday.ps1 needs to be updated again.
    Look for string that starts with
    $startStr=

This is around line 40. Search for in your script and replace that line in my post above
  • Worked for me (for the most part). Went from zero Intraday quotes to 48 out of 50. For some reason, 2 tickers came back with the following error.

new quotes not found (there is no 'data-field="regularMarketPrice" data-trend="none" data-pricehint="2" value="' in html that came back)

Tickers with that error were DIV.TO and HITI.V
    Thanks.