Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrade from Excel 2010 to Excel 2016

When I run the refresh from the Dashboard tap using cell below the label "Actual %", E13. I right click and select refresh then I get the following error. "We couldn't refresh the Data Model from it's source data. Here's the error message we got: Cannot create relationship from the "Trans" table to the "Symbol" table because the "Symbol" column in the "Symbol" table has duplicate values" I looked thru the srcSymbol tab for duplicates and there were none. I looked thru the Power Pivot table tabs Symbol and SymbolSector and didn't see any duplicates. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Can you please check if your Symbol table has empty rows at the end.
    Please read here: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/docs/excel-enter-table-data.html, specifically section: "How to check if Excel table has empty rows".
  • Vidas, Thanks for the reply. I checked all tables and none have the "corner" icon in a blank row. Any other ideas you may have. If I have to rebuild the spreadsheet do you have a instructions on your web site. (don't want to do this but may have to) Thanks again for the help. Ron
  • I am assuming you are using v3.1
    In c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData one in any text editor file Symbol.csv and check for any duplicates.

• Vidas, sorry I should have told you I am using V2.3. I have no Symbol.csv in my c:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData folder.
  • In version v2.* there are many tables that are loaded into model as "Linked tables".
    As Excel loads them in parallel, and might report an issue with a random table.
    I would investigate as follows:
    - Make a copy of your Excel workbook and from this point just use that extra copy
    - Remove all report Excel worksheets, leave just source worksheets.
    - Go into PowerPIvot interface and attempt to refresh. This should fail
    - Then attempt to refresh just one table at the time and see follow error message to see if it makes more sense.

I do not have access to Excel 2010 anymore, so I cannot do these tests for you.