Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

scheduled quotes setup not working

I've having trouble scheduling the the quote updates using the instructions provided. I'm using Windows 10. I'm trying to get UpdatePSData.bat working first. It's in the PSDataExtract folder. When I run the task with start in argument provided, I get a task scheduler error "The directory name is invalid". If I remove the start in argument, I get last run result in scheduler of (0x1). So in trying to debug, I changed general task scheduler settings from run whether logged in or not to run only when user is logged on. That also gives me directory invalid error. But now if I keep that setting but remove the start in folder argument, the batch job actually runs now, but with just a bunch of failures trying to find the script files.

Any idea how to resolve this? It seems the start in argument is required, but I cannot get the batch job to run with it in place.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>echo off
.\Scripts\GetQuotes-Yahoo.ps1 : The term '.\Scripts\GetQuotes-Yahoo.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet,
function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the
path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ .\Scripts\GetQuotes-Yahoo.ps1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (.\Scripts\GetQuotes-Yahoo.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

.\Scripts\GetQuotes-YahooIntraday.ps1 : The term '.\Scripts\GetQuotes-YahooIntraday.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,
verify that the path is correct and try again.
+ .\Scripts\GetQuotes-YahooIntraday.ps1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (.\Scripts\GetQuotes-YahooIntraday.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundExcept ion

.\Scripts\GetQuotes-AlphaVantage.ps1 : The term '.\Scripts\GetQuotes-AlphaVantage.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,
verify that the path is correct and try again.
+ .\Scripts\GetQuotes-AlphaVantage.ps1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (.\Scripts\GetQuotes-AlphaVantage.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

Comments

• It seems to me that you are missing the starting directory.
    Can you please go into the Scheduler Actions window, select your action, click "Edit..." and then make sure you specify "Start in (optional):" your folder name, for example:
    C:\PortfolioSlicer\PSDataExtract
    And just to be sure - that is the folder where you .bat files are located and where is a subfolder Scripts with all PowerShell scripts.
  • Yes that was the problem. Thank you very much for your help Vidas. Scheduled tasks for PS Daily Update and PS Intraday Update are now working.