Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intraday quote for SI=F not working

I can't pull the latest intraday silver price SI=F from Yahoo. Gold works fine (GC=F)
From the log:

Symbol: SI=F. Next date: 2024-01-18. Quote file: C:\PortfolioSlicer\PSDataExtract\Quotes\_SI=F_.txt
Requesting url: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SI=F
** For Symbol: SI=F start string 'data-field="regularMarketPrice" data-trend="none" data-pricehint="2" value="' not found.

** For Symbol: SI=F start string 'data-field="regularMarketPrice" data-trend="none" data-pricehint="4" value="' not found.

** For Symbol: SI=F start string ',"currentPrice":{"raw":' not found.

** For Symbol: SI=F new quotes not found.

Comments

• UpdatePSData.bat has no trouble retrieving SI=F, not sure why it's an issue for UpdatePSDataIntraday.bat. Is it possible to take a look at this?
  • Hello,

I looked at that script GetQuotes-YahooIntraday.ps1. It was created by one user Maxim and lately, I am having a hard time reaching him for any bigger changes.
    My understanding the way this script works is - it requests symbol informatin page and parses that page and tries to get current price. Buy yahoo is not consistent in where is stores that price in the page. So scripts tries a few different location where it expects the price to be found, but in your case it appears that Yahoo stores it somewere not expected.
    Sorry, but at this point I cannot help getting this intraday price.
  • Thanks Vidas for trying. Yahoo can be frustrating with their never ending inconsistencies. I tried Stooq but it didn't work.

I'm going to try to retrieve the current price using the Excel stock feature (I know this works) and then copy that into the symbol price on the holdings sheet. Hopefully that will be enough to also update the Overview sheet.