Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brave New World (PortfolioSlicer V2.0.2)

Wow!
Congratulations - and thank you for all your dedication and efforts you continue to place into this project!

I see you have been very busy building up this new PS release, Data feed process, and Website.
I was a little worried about having to step through the migration of my Excel 2010 v1.0.2 PS file to version 2.0.2 ... Then I saw your migration video. Well Made!!!!
I look forward to upgrading to PS v 2.0.2 - But I think I'll wait until the weekend,.... just to make sure I have a large block of dedicated time available.

(The line count my v1.0.2 file in the scrTrans tab is ~12,700 entries. I have exceeded the calculation abilities of Excel 2010 32 bit a few months ago, but all is working well within my Excel 2010 64 bit configuration).

b

Comments

• Hi BuddyB,

New website is much faster, people should notice that. I do not like writing documentation, but spend lots of times doing just that.
    Many people asked for Portfolio Slicer version that is not cloud dependent, so I finally made it.
    Hopefully your migration will work, if you hit any issues - I am here to help!
  • Going over some of your instructions, I see it might be important to be sure you have all your Portfolio symbols files ready and populated with data before doing the first "refresh" of PS V2.0.2. I'm glad I read that.

I have a few obsolete symbols (like DELL) in my current PS v1.0.2 file ready for manually entered historical data. I guess the time to set up those obsolete historical data is NOW.

(PS: A web chat with spellcheck --- Fantastic)
  • BuddyB,

I added following text to upgrade guide:
    If you have investments for which quote data is not available anymore, but quotes were provided by Portfolio Slicer cloud database (for example DELL), please send us and email with subject “Missing quotes for v2.0 upgrade”. In your email please specify your workbook code. We will send you back zip file with quotes that might be missing. Please extract content of that zip file into subfolder “\Quotes\Manual\“. Please adjust your “psConfig.txt” file so it is not configured to request quotes for these symbols.
    So I will be able to help you with some missing quotes.