Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Year end dividend amounts

I am just hoping to clarify a bit of a discrepancy on my dividends table. On the dividends tab, I have a summary, by stock name, of the dividends for the last few years. There is also the table that shows the dividend amounts, by stock, for the last twelve months. As of today, I thought those two tables should have the same numbers for 2017 (last twelve months and total for 2017 by year) In the case of a couple stocks, the numbers for trailing twelve months, and 2017 do not match. The other stocks have matching numbers for the last twelves months, and the 2017 year.

However, we are now in January 2018. Would i be correct in assuming that the calculation for the past twelve months is disregarding the dividend paid in January 2017 at this point and, because the stock has not paid the dividend for 2018 (January) yet, that is the source of the discrepancy??.

Does the twelve month calculation count the month of January 2018 as one of the months, even though it is only January 6? Just checking that this is the source of the discrepancy........

Thanks for your time.

Comments