Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

yearly returns (including dividends perhaps?)

I feel like this is something that's right in front of my face, but i am not seeing it. Is there a way to create a report,table that shows the annual return of your holdings (with or without the dividends included)?
I see how you can view overall profit and overall unrealized gains...but is there a way to see each year of gains on a single table?

Thanks

Oh, and i am not seeing the dividends for MCD

I am pulling the data from yahoo and have it set as

MCD,,,,Y

is that correct?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

In the Yearly worksheet at the very top there is "Yearly Movements" report that shows what you want. It is possible that by default slicer "Years-Current" (very top right) is set to "Yes" and you see just current year data - in such case just remove that filter and you will see results for last 5 years.
    Profit - includes capital gains and dividends.
    Cap gain - includes just returns without dividends and includes realized capital gain and not realized capital gain.

Regarding MCD - check Dividens folder and see if you have file "_MCD_.txt". You psConfig.txt setup for MCD is correct.

• Thank you very much for the advice on the "yearly" file.

I do not have a _MCD_.txt in the dividends folder.
    what shall i try to fix that?

• Hi,

for MCD dividends:
    1. Please check that "MCD,,,,Y" is between .... in your psConfig.txt file
    2. Go to Scripts\Log file and review GetDividendsYahoo.txt file - it should give you more info about getting dividends for MCD

If you cannot figure out, send me Scripts\Log\GetDividendsYahoo.txt file for review. My email posted on this page: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html
  • i changed where MCD was in the order of the various stocks in that grouping and that seems to have fixed it. I now get the dividends showing up for MCD

Thank you