Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

position appears to have just disappeared in december

Hello All:

Wondered if anyone else had this happen. I am tracking a Canadian mutual fund. I enter the values of the daily quotes by hand as I am not able to find a website where I can automatically download the values.
Today I was updating the quotes (daily) for the last month or so. When I refreshed the program, the holdings page indicates that the value of the mutual fund is a negative $25K on the 11th and that this is a capital gain (loss in this case, with the number highlighted in red) I have quotes for the mutual fund for that day and each business day after that date when the markets were open. Anyone else run into this issue? What have I done wrong here?

Thanks

Darren

Comments

• PS can use the quote for specific day or, if quote is not found, then earliest previous quote of up to 40 days. Can you manually add quote for a day BEFORE and see if that fixes your issue.
  • Hello Vidas:

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, there are already quotes in place for the day before, and the day before that...and still the problem persists.

Darren
  • I have also tried removing the quote for the day in question (the day that PS seems to think I lost the entire value of the mutual fund) and that did not change the result. Perhaps i should try re-doing the quotes for that month and see if wiping them out and starting again will fix the problem. It seems like something more basic than the quotes though....but i am not sure what it could be. There are no transactions for the month of December entered in the transaction page.....
  • I just tried to fool the PS by buying the mutual fund the day after it says it was lost, and it will not register that purchase. It ignores the transaction. Does that possibly give you an idea as to what is happening? I see the mutual fund in the symbols page and I have not altered the symbols tab in any way.
    Thanks
  • Oh, now i tried again putting in another transaction to purchase the mutual fund the following day and it is seeing it as a capital loss. The loss shows up on the daily values and the mutual fund registers as being lost on that day...for the second day in a row. I must be doing something very basic wrong here...will keep trying to figure it out
    thanks
  • hmm...no luck. If anyone has any other ideas, i am open to trying things.
  • Please check date format - should be Yyyy-mm-dd. Please check that psdata\quotes.csv file have that quote.
  • Ah....
    Quotes for that mutual fund end at december 6, 2019 in psdata\quotes.csv. How do i repair that?
  • actually, all quotes for all items end in 2019-09-12 right now..... yet my dashboard etc show numbers right up to today.....i am confused
  • by quotes..i mean those shown in psdata\quotes
  • ok, figured out that i had an error in the quotes and now the dates all show up in psdata\quotes for all dates up to today (yesterday) but that mutual fund still disappears in december..