Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cash not showing in Holdings tab

Somehow, I lost the Cash row display in my Holdings work sheet.
Cash box is checked in the Symbol column but it does not show up in the work sheet.
Cash is selected in the Symbol Allocation slicer and there is cash in the account.
It may be a filter issue.
The filter in the Symbol column has Value Filters checked and is set to "Qty Held is greater than 0".
When I uncheck and check the (Select All box), all Symbols show up including cash but also Symbols that do not belong to the account.
Any idea what's causing this problem and how to fix it?

Comments

• I believe the problem started when I deselected and then selected individual symbols in the Holdings worksheet.
  • YOu said:
    The filter in the Symbol column has Value Filters checked and is set to "Qty Held is greater than 0".

Chanage that filter to "Total value is greater than 0".
  • That worked. Such a small change with a big effect. Thanks so much.

By the way, earlier I tried to copy the workbook and pasted to a previous version which showed the cash value. This fixed the problem in the Holdings tab but the srcTrans sheet did not work with the pasted transactions. So, I guess, one can not simply copy and paste transactions from one workbook to another.
  • You should be able to copy transactions, but:
    1. Make sure that you keep first "System" record as is in the new worksheet and do not select it in the old worksheet.
    2. Do not copy columns that are calculated (Start with TTR)
  • Good to know. Thanks.
    Your PS really is an amazing piece of work.
    I am looking forward to your announced speed improvements.