Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Portfolio Slicer v3.0.0 (beta) is now available for testing

Portfolio Slicer v3.0.0 (beta) is now available here: http://www.portfolioslicer.com/version3betanotes.html

Please test and leave your feedback.

Comments

• Vidas
    First of all Thank You for all your work!!!

I have been following Portfolio Slicer for some time now and never really used it to it's full potential because I always had issues setting up the "Symbols" to match the "Symbols" that Scotia iTrade uses.

I could never find many of my investments (Canadian Mutual Funds) on Google or Yahoo and I would get frustrated and stop trying.

I am using Excel 365 and it's "Stocks" option in data seems to have recently changed and it has found everything I have.

Question Is this, does this version all for the use of the Excel data only?
    I realize that there is presently not much history in Excel but if one had the historical data, say in a Excel Spreadsheet could it be referred to for lookup?

I consider myself at a somewhat basic level Excel user.

John
  • John,

PS v3.0 requires historical data for each symbol - if you do not have that and if you cannot get that using scripts, then PS is not a good option to track your investments.
    If Excel stocks option have your stock information, then you could build your own Excel workbook for your basic tracking needs, but that would not be nearly as extensive as PS can deliver.
  • Vidas

Actually there is a Function in Excel 365 for history with the following options.

=STOCKHISTORY(stock,"start_date", [end_date], [interval], [headers], [properties1-? with options])

This function also works for Currency Exchange
    I believe it is a "Forex" exchange rate.

I have tried with success CAD/USD, USD/CAD.

Presently I have the historical information for my investments (Mutual Funds, ETF's and Stock's) each in a separate Excel Spreadsheet.

However I don't know where or how to use the information.

Thanks Again
  • John,

There is probably a way to take that information and move it to the files that PS would understand, but I do not have step by step guide on how to do so.
  • Portfolio Slicer Ver 3.0 working fine for me. everything is working as intended.
    Thank you Vidas
  • Hello Vidas,

There may be issue with Dividend amount calculations. looks like the dividend rates downloaded for stocks by using external data scripts are not considered in calculations at all. Only manual entries in transaction table are used in arriving dividend amount.

Not sure if this is what being intended in this release of PS v3.

Note: I have checked dividends.csv file in PSData folder and I can see all dividend rates for the past 6 years. but, looks like this data is completely ignored in new release of PS v3.0

Thanks
    Samir
  • @samirbud I think that's his intent as it's listed on the second point of his release notes:

"Portfolio Slicer v3.0 does not support generated dividends!"
  • @qosmioamit - Thank you.
    @samirbud - yes, generated dividends are not supported yet in v3.0.