Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

update to v3.1 from v2.3

Hi Vidas, had a problem I hope you can solve. Did the update and all went well until I tried using the Reports.xlsx. The Reports-Light updated and posted correctly. Then I ran the refresh on Reports.xlsx and got the following error. The Accounts on all the tabs are correct then after clicking the OK on the error the Overview tab Accounts reverted to the original Accounts on the spreadsheet. The rest of the tabs show my correct accounts.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• In the PortfolioSlicer-Source.xlsx workbook can you please check Allocation worksheet. What values do you have there, specifically do you have Index value specified for all but Cash allocation?
    Example what I have in one samples:

• Here is what I have. If it makes any difference I am using Excel 2016. Thanks for the help.
  • Formula for Total Value by Allocation:

Total Value by Allocation:=SUMX(VALUES(Allocation[Allocation]), SUMX(CALCULATETABLE(VALUES(Symbol[Symbol]), SymbolAllocation), CALCULATE(VALUES(SymbolAllocation[Percent])) * [Total Value]))

You Allocation table is OK, so likely issue could be with Symbol or SymbolAllocation table. But I cannot figure out condition when this error would be raised.

Could you please send me your Symbol and Symbol Alloation table data? My email address is posted on this page:
    http://www.portfolioslicer.com/contact.html

• sent you an email with the info requested, thanks for the help.
  • In this upgrade document I have following note:

Symbol can be assigned to more that one allocation. On the Symbol table we kept column "Allocation" and this value is used by default. If Symbol should be assigned to more than one allocation, then you should specify that in the new table SymbolAllocation. If Symbol is specified in that SymbolAllocation table, then the value of Allocation column in the Symbol table is ignored.

As your all symbols have 100% allocation, you should remove all values from SymbolAllocation table - in such case Allocation from Symbol table will be used. Please try this and see if your issue is resolved.
  • I corrected the SymbolAllocation table and got the same error on Refresh. Downloaded a new PortfolioSlicer3.1-Report.xlsx and did a Refresh. Worked fine with no errors, everything appears correct. I will review it some more and if I have any more issues I will let you know. In the mean time thank you Vidas for the help with your great program.