Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wrong 3.1 pbix file?

Hi, I downloaded the PortfolioSlicerV3.1.0.zip but the pbix inside it has the 3.0 version. It has different visuals (more dated) than those shown in http://www.portfolioslicer.com/powerbi/what-is-portfolioslicer-for-powerbi.html. Am I suing the wrong file?

Comments

• This included 3.0 PowerBi file is the latest one. Visuals are different from older 2.4 version. Please use the file included in the downloaded file.
  • I just upgraded to 3.1 from 2.3 and I almost had the same question.
    The PowerBI file is still good of course but it seems like the newer one is missing a ton of useful charts vs the 2.3 version.
    No quick reference 'gauge' chart for Deposits and Dividends YTD vs prev year. No charts for vs. index comparisons. No total value over last X days/months on the Daily and Monthly sheets. The yearly chart just shows a basic Total Value by Year instead of breaking out deposits, capital gains, and dividends as stacked bars. The dividends sheet has less than half the tables/charts.

I was just a bit surprised that it seemed to go 'backwards' from an older version. Are there plans to add these back in the future or are there perhaps technical limitations due to other changes in v3?
  • @Flashwit, same comment on my end, this is why i am still using 2.4!
  • In v3.x I tried to simplify reports and at the same time speed up calculations. The changes I made were based on the feedback and my own experience.
    For example, your comment:
    "The yearly chart just shows a basic Total Value by Year instead of breaking out deposits, capital gains, and dividends as stacked bars."
    My answer: when you have larger portfolio, the total value breaking out by deposits, cap gain, and dividends provides that information in very compressed area and there is just too much information at once. But you can see exactly the same information in the report just below.

I am providing just initial set of reports. You should be customizing these reports to your liking. Just save original file you have and then on the copy start doing incremental adjustments to the charts and you will get reports that shows you exactly what you want.