Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transfer of RRSP Account

Hello,

In 2023, I transferred an RRSP account from my Company sponsored plan to my personal RRSP. My company plan was mutual funds and not tracked in Portfolio Slicer. In order to transfer to my on-line brokerage, I had to sell all my mutual funds and then transfer the cash to my RRSP.

When I entered the transaction in PS, I selected "deposit" which technically it is, but when I look at my annual RRSP deposits from a tax filing perspective, it does not give an accurate total for tax deductible contributions.

Is there any way to separate tax-deductible deposits from a transfer in (deposit) from another tax sheltered account?

Thanks

Comments

• Are you closing old account? If so, can you simply rename your existing account and leave ood transactions as is?
  • I did close an old account, but that account was never in PS
  • There is no way to easily separate deposits. If you want to customize reports, then you could use Transactions table "TransSubType" field to differentiate deposits, but that would require customizing reports to then use TransSubType.