Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quotes Header

I am having a problem with the data batch file and realized that none of my quote files have a header but just the quotes themselves. Is there something in the script I need to change?

Comments

• Hi,

All files in \Quotes\ subfolder should not have any header, so first few lines in file look like this:
    2006-12-27,1426.839966,^GSPC
    2006-12-29,1418.300049,^GSPC
    2007-01-31,1438.23999,^GSPC

All 4 csv files in \PSData\ folder should have header and values in the first few lines should look like this:
    Date	Close	Symbol
    2006-12-27	1.0000000001	* Cash
    2006-12-27	11.65	AAPL
    2006-12-29	12.12	AAPL
    2007-01-31	12.25	AAPL

• None of the files are making it to PSData folder on my C:\ drive.
  • Hi,

In the \Scripts\ folder open psConfig.txt and check parameter:

C:\PortfolioSlicer\PSData

If the parameter value is specified, please check that folder for your csv files.
    If the parameter value is empty or starts with # (that means value line is ignored), then your default data folder location is relative to your script path: "..\PSData\".

If that does not help you, then in the \Scripts\Log\ folder check output for file MakePSDataFiles.txt - that is output of script that was supposed to create these files.

HTH,
  • I wasn't getting the files in my local drive and after trying several things gave up and started from scratch. It's now working. Not sure what I did before but everything seems to be OK now. By the way, I used a previous version of this program up until about two years ago and was very successful with my investments. It's a great program and I'm glad to see that you've updated it.