Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to input a stock split

Today CNQ is splitting 2:1. How do you properly account for this in the transactions tab?

Comments

• In the Transactions table add transaction:
    Account: YourAccountName
    Date: 2024-06-11
    TransType: Split
    SymbolName: CNQ or the full name you are using
    Qty: Enter how many more shares you got. In case of 2:1 split you got extra same amount as you had, so if you had 500 shares, enter 500
    Price: Leave empty

That should do. Please refresh and review reports after this.
  • Awesome! Thanks
  • edited October 13
    After the SCHD, SCHG, SCHF splits, I have problems listed in UpdatePSData. The error file states" Quotes.csv. Date+Symbol should be unique - ERROR. Duplicate Records.
    I looked at the quotes.csv and it shows 2 sets of all my stocks for each date. The first set goes to date 2024-10-11, and then the second set only goes to 2024-10-09.
    I tried editing out the second set, but then the powerBI versions don't run.
    I tried deleting the quotes file, and re-running the UpdatePSData, but it creates the same corrupted quotes file again.
    I am running version 3.1, I think.
    Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?
  • Follow Up.
    I edited the quotes.csv file with notepad. Now the PowerBI version seems to work correctly.
    Before when I edited, I used Excel. I guess the .csv was getting reformatted when saved in Excel.
  • When I ran UpdatePSData today, it reintroduced the second set of data to the quotes.csv file. Once again I had to edit with notepad to remove the second set of data. Also, it put all the "today" data at the very end of the file.
    How can I get this fixed?
  • Do not edit quotes.csv file - it is re-created every time you run updatePSData.bat or updatePsDataIntraday.bat files.
    Please go to your quotes subfolder edit stored quotes. If you duplicate is with SCHD symbol, then find file _SCHD_.txt, go to the end of the file and see if you can find duplicate record. Also, please check all related files _SCHD_.txt, _SCHG_.txt and _SCHF_.txt and make sure they contain correct symbol quotes (no quotes from different symbol in each file). After you cleanup quotes, likely your problem will be gone.