Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't Save Excel after Refresh All

Hello. Been using v3.0 for several years now. All of a sudden, I have an issue with the Excel Report that I cannot seem to fix.

Issue: Main report "PortfolioSlicer3.0-Report.xlsx" will not save after Refresh All. I've used this for years without issue. All of a sudden, it will not save. When Save is clicked, Excel crashes, then reopens the file without the new data.

Observations:
When I Refresh All in Excel, all the data updates and I can see the new values reflected.
When I go to Save the Excel file, it crashes Excel.
File was last saved 8/19/2024 with data up to that date. Trying to update about 4 days worth of data.
The "Light" version of the report updates and saves fine.
The Power BI version works fine.

What I've Tried:
Tried Save As a new file - same result.
Tried turning off OneDrive, same result.
All windows up to date. Reboot machine.
During the Refresh and Save process, CPU/RAM/Disk Space are all fine.
This doesn't happen with any other Excel files.

Any ideas? Not even sure what logs to attempt to check, seems like an Excel issue with the data somehow...

Comments

• Edit for additional information. Tried a few more things, including Excel Safe Mode, checking Add-Ins, saving as different Excel type (.xls, .xlsm, xlsx). I also attempted to copy/move all sheets from the workbook into a new workbook - this is where I receive my very first error in Excel so far...

• Ok - welp. Resolved...
    Gave up on the old file. Decided to take a fresh blank "PortfolioSlicer3.0-Report.xlsx" and dropped it into my folder. A Refresh All brought everything back in, and I could save this file. No idea what caused this...