Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to capture an Advisor's fund

Hi, firstly - thanks very much for sharing / creating this, its a great tool.

I have recently started using an advisor (UK) who has their own portfolios I have picked. For example. "FA Growth Port", which is populated with bonds, UK equities, Overseas equities etc. (20 different items almost). The portfolio is not identified in Yahoo or anywhere else I can see.

How would you suggest is the best way to track this?

Comments

• When quotes are not available for download, you would have to update them manually. Honestly, that would be not an easy job - you would need at least one quote every 30 days.
    A bit more info how quotes are stored are here:
    http://www.portfolioslicer.com/scripts/quotes-data.html
  • It sounds like the "FA Growth Port" is a model portfolio. There might be another called "FA Bal Port" or similar. Model Portfolios are custom to each firm and are not an equity to be tracked/priced; however, each fund within the model should have a ticker.

When the advisor puts you in a model, they are buying the funds within that model in the allocation % that they determined; essentially, they are buy/selling funds within the model. Those buy/sells orders (and dividends) are what you put into the transaction table in PS. Ignore the model itself.