Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to track "Asset allocation EFT" (ex: VGRO, VEQT, etc.)

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to specific the allocation split of "asset allocation ETF", like VEQT for example. The ETF is a wrapper of the following:
Vanguard US Total Market Index ETF 39.4%
Vanguard FTSE Canada All Cap Index ETF 30.1%
Vanguard FTSE Developed All Cap ex North America Index ETF 23.2%
Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets All Cap Index ETF 7.3%

Lets use round numbers for simplicity:
US 40%
Canada: 30%
Euro: 22.5%
Emerging: 7.5%

How should i enter the allocation in portfolioslicer Srcsymbol ?

Comments

• Hi,

Such ETF split is not currently supported in PortfolioSlicer, as currently each symbol can belown just to one allocation.
  • Thanks for the reply Vidas ! Is this something that could realistically be added to PS or would a change like this break the whole thing?

I am thinking of adding some asset allocation ETF to my portfolio and would like to be able to track the proper asset allocation with the the others plain old ETF’s that I already hold.
  • I have been using the SymbolSector table for this purpose. For instance, I have some BTG103 that is 70% Canadian equity, 16% US equity, 13% international equity and about 1% cash. I have four rows in SymbolSector for BTG103 to account for this. This seems to show what I need on the Sectors chart on the Overview tab.

I have to recheck the fund's allocation occasionally and update SymbolSector. I only do this when I am rebalancing.

I settled on this approach since I was using Allocation to track my portfolio according to the three buckets approach.
  • Interesting approach GreigH but i would prefer not to loose the sector allocation tracking chart.