Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yahoo intraday not updating as expected

I am not sure if anyone else has been having any issues with quotes from Yahoo intraday. The historical quotes update without issue and give the stock price for the previous day. However, the current day data is blank. below is screenshot from UpdatePSData.

Comments

• I will look into this on Monday - when intraday quotes are available.
  • Vidas, thanks. I should add, I have two separate portfolios that I'm tracking. One of them seems to be updating successfully, but not this one.
  • I just checked and YahooIntraday quotes works as expected for me.
    Could you:
    1. Check folder QuotesIntraDay and see if there is a file in there YahooIntraday.txt. Check content of that file - there should be latest day quotes.
    2. Check file Scripts\Log\GetQuotes-YahooIntraday.txt and and see if there are any reported issues.

If you have instance where intraday quotes working, then there is something different about the instance where they not. Do you know what is the difference? Maybe different symbols?
  • The instance where intraday works I see what you're saying. The txt file is full of the quotes from 2020-03-23. The quotes are from the National stock exchange in India. The instance where intraday doesn't work, I only have the two index that are populated, plus quotes for delisted stocks. their value is 0. The others are normally traded stock like MSFT, AAPL, DOW etc.

The GetQuotes-YahooIntraday for both the instances look identical and I can't see any reported issues.
  • Can you please check file Scripts\Log\GetQuotes-YahooIntraday.txt and post here first 10-20 lines.
  • Absolutely, please see the first few lines from the script file below

It looks identical to the other script file.
  • Hi,

You send me script file (.ps1), but I asked you to send me \Log\....txt file - that contains all log information on what happened during the load. Please post here log file lines.
  • Sorry about that Vidas, I missed the part about the log file. My apologies. Please see below.

Thanks
  • Hi,

Yahoo keeps changing how they show data and because of that the scripts keep changing too.
    Error message says: data-reactid="35" not found in html. So it appears that you are using OLD script (.ps1 file), as newer script is searching for "data-reactid="34"
    You said that you track 2 portfolios, so just copy script from portfolio that works to second location and this should work. Or you can download latest scripts from the website.
  • Hi Vidas,

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried both. The other portfolio that is working actually again gave data-reactid="35" not found in html. That means that the other portfolio is using old script too. But the quote intraday is working for a different reason, maybe because they are Indian stocks with *.NS subscript.

I also tried to do it with new script (I think the date was 2019-08-04). I just made a copy of my psConfig file into the new directory of new script and ran the UpdatePSData file. This time I get no file in the QuotesIntraDay folder (there is no txt file). Below is screenshot of Log of the Intraday file.

The error message now says data-reactid="34" not found like you mentioned above. Not sure why it is still not working.
  • I am having the same issue today.

The GetQuotes-YahooIntraday.ps1 script fails. I am using the latest version - I downloaded on March 16.

same error message in the log: ** For Symbol: ^GSPTSE new quotes not found (there is no 'D(ib)" data-reactid="34">' in html that came back)
  • I modified the script. I changed 34 into 32 and then the script runs fine
  • Luc,

Thank you - yes, Yahoo just changed how Price is presented on their page and currently location code is 32. I'll release updated scripts soon, but for now anyone can change 34 to 32 on GetQUotes-YahooIntraday.ps1 script line 41

• Thank you for debugging this. I've updated my local files.
  • Vidas, Luc,

I'm checking the YIntraday and seems like it's not working again. The QuotesIntraDay folder has no file after completing the UpdatePSData action. Below is first few lines from log file.