Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yahoo intraday not updating as expected

2»

Comments

• I implemented Vidas' March 29 change to my GetQuotes-YahooIntraday.ps1, and my Intraday quotes are working now.
  • Vanup,

For most users updated script now works. You said that you work with 2 environments, do both environments have same issue? Can you review source code page for yahoo finance quote and see where price is located?
  • I guess I missed the deadline for intraday, I will check again tomorrow when the market is open. The source indicates that the entire table is referenced by data-reactid=33, the table header by data-reactid=34 and so on an so forth. The day's close price is linked to data-reactid=76.

How do i access the intraday page? Is there a separate link when the market is open?

To answer your other question, now both my environments are not working anymore. there is no file in my QuotesIntraday folder, and the log says that there is no data from the query.
  • Intraday quotes will be extracted from the webpages UNTIL actual todays quote is placed into symbol quote file - that is for US markets around 8-9pm ET.
    To get intraday quote go to page: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AAPL?p=AAPL , check the page source and then try to find string in that source page:
    D(ib)" data-reactid="32">
    If you cannot find that string, try to search for actual price 254.29 for AAPL right now, but there will be many prices, but you look until you find it after the string D(ib)" data-reactid="...
  • Success at last!
    For me the intraday price is located at D(ib)" data-reactid="50">

For my other portfolio dealing with stocks in India, the location was data-reactid="33"

Why is it different for different users? Does anyone have any idea?
  • Vanup,

There was another user that they had a similar issue. But I am not sure why this value is different. My best guess is that it might depend on regional settings of your computer (language, number formats, etc) or maybe regional value of your IP, but I am not sure at all.
  • No problem. Thanks to you at least now I know how to debug this in case the intraday quotes suddenly stop working.
  • It's the IP address making the difference. I'm located in Canada. It's returning with "32" using Canadian IP, but if I switched on VPN to use a US server, some quotes came back with "50", others with "33".
  • I'm having this issue as well (US based). For some stocks the "data-reactid" is 50 and for others it's 33, like Wdding mentioned. Is there a way to just run through the interday script twice, once with it set to 50 and the other time set at 33? I tried a few adjustments myself within the powershell file, but I'm not familiar enough with the overall program to get it to work correctly.
  • jrwsteelers, no there is no way to run it with different data-reactid. This is not my script too, I'll ask Maxim (script owner) if he would be able to adjust this script.
  • Okay thanks