Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yahoo quotes returning "Not Found (web err)" for all securities

Comments

• edited September 16
    I tried your unpublished scripts. Intraday and Historical worked fine, no errors, appears to be the correct prices. I only use one currency, but there seems to be valid updated data in the CurrExch folder.

Thank you very much for updating the scripts! I really love and appreciate it!
  • edited September 16
    @newuser thank you so much for ironing out the small glitches in the scripts.

I tested the portfolio-slicer-scripts-2024-09-15.zip bundle of three scripts.

I can confirm from the point of execution of the scripts is concerned, they all ran successfully. Will do some basics checks on the reporting, but I suppose we will have to wait for Vidas to verify them for data integrity etc.

Once again thanks for your help!
    PS C:\PortfolioSlicer\demo\PSDataExtract> .\UpdatePSData.bat

C:\PortfolioSlicer\demo\PSDataExtract>echo off
    16:59:28 Script: Yahoo Historical   . Quotes Requested/Succeed/Failed/Rows: 23/23/0/39452. Duration: 57 sec.
    17:00:27 Script: Yahoo Intraday     . Quotes Requested/Succeed/Failed/Rows: 23/23/0/19. Duration: 5 sec.
    17:00:38 Script: ExchRate ECB       . CurrExch Requested/Succeed/Failed/Rows: 2/2/0/9072. Duration: 3 sec.
    17:00:44 Script: ExchRate YahooID   . CurrExch Requested/Succeed/Failed/Used: 2/2/0/0. Date: . Duration: 1 sec.
    17:00:47 Script: Archive Quotes     . Archived rec count: 36824. Duration:
    17:00:53 Script: MakeAllFiles       Finished creating all data files. Duration: 2 sec.
    17:00:57 Script: Create Dates       . Dates: 6472. Duration: 1 sec.
    17:00:59 Script: Append GenQ        . GenQuotes SymbolCount/RecCount: 0/0. Duration: 0 sec.
    17:01:02 Script: ExtractExcelData   . Duration: 1 sec.
    17:01:05 Script: CalcCostBasis      . Duration: 1 sec.
  • Hi,
    I am using version 2 . First, thanks so much to those who have worked on fixing the quotes issues.
    I was wondering if others are having issues getting dividend data for September. (or is that a unique problem to me at the moment. )

Thank again
  • @jagmanvdp The Yahoo-Dividends script hasn't worked since the Yahoo finance updates. I have been entering my dividends manually.
  • There are no plans to update Yahoo-Dividends script
  • I'm using the 2024-09-15 version. These worked perfectly. But since today I get errors:
  • I'm having the same issue as @rvallen. Exchanged all the necessary scripts. It does updated all information fine though but the error in the beginning persists and it tries to open Yahoo.

• I am waiting for more data on this - I cannot reproduce the issue as all scripts were tested and works OK on my computer. Lets see if that was just a temporary glitch. Please post here if your issue resolved yourself, or if you are still having same problems after some time.
  • edited October 2
    I encountered the same as above. Quotes updated fine but it opened Yahoo web pages in my browser and displayed those errors. I did a little digging.

I see that it attempts 3 times to establish a session and get a 'crumb' by arbitrarily using https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AAPL/history?p=AAPL to establish a session.

For me, the first time around it returned a 404.
    But most of the time it returns the "Content is currently unavailable" error seen in the above 2 posts.

Not really sure how it's updating the quotes based on these failures but it makes me think that you don't actually need the crumb when using query2 and this 'chart' method.

I quickly removed all the crumb stuff from the script and ran it again. Absolutely no problems.

I'm a bit out of time to double-check further but I quickly put my edited file here https://easyupload.io/9w4904
  • Thank you Falshwit. Seems like I cannot download the script from easyupload for some reason. Can you attach the file in here directly?
    I tried to fix the Script myself but apparently, I lack some skills since it then requests the data but with 0 success:

Quotes Requested/Succeed/Failed/Rows: 83/0/0/0.

Would be thankful to check your script if you find the time to upload it in order to find out what I'm doing wrong :)
  • same error here
  • @Flashwit updated script fixed the issue!
  • Right, realized that I have to zip it to allow it to be attached here. This should be better now
  • @Flashwit: Works without errors. Thank you very much for your help!
  • Miraculously the issue has fixed itself. I don't get the error anymore. Nevertheless, thanks for updating the script @Flashwit ! When the error returns, I will implement your update.